Taking action is as simple as voting with your fork for wild salmon. As consumers with dollars to spend and choices to make we have tremendous power. Taken as a whole, our support of sustainable wild salmon can help leverage government and industry toward the kinds of conservation and management that will keep fishable wild salmon runs fishable, and provide the help to runs like so many in the Pacific Northwest that desperately need it.
There are also other, more direct things that you can do to help ensure that our wild salmon get the protection that they need. As consumers who enjoy buying and eating wild salmon, we all share responsibility in speaking out and getting involved into today's wild salmon conservation issues. So don't just pick up your fork, but pick up your phone or your pen and help us ensure that wild salmon remain a food option that we can enjoy for years to come.
- Become a Savvy Salmon Shopper
- Sign the Salmon Consumer's Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
- Vote With Your Fork
- Spread the Word: share WhyWild with others
- Sign a letter to President Obama asking for permanent protection of our nation's largest wild salmon fishery in Bristol Bay, AK.
- Join TU and get involved in your local TU chapter
Savor Bristol Bay: